Each module of the DELTA focuses on different content areas.
Module 1: Understanding Language, Methodology and Resources for Teaching
This module focuses on the background to teaching and learning English in a range of contexts.
- Theoretical perspectives on language acquisition and language teaching
- Different approaches and methodologies, including current developments
- Language systems and learners’ linguistic problems
- Language skills and learners’ problems
- Knowledge of resources, materials and reference sources for language learning
- Key concepts and terminology related to assessment.
Module 2: Developing Professional Practice
This module focuses on the principles and practice of planning and teaching.
- The language learner and the language learning context
- Preparation for teaching English to language learners
- Evaluating, selecting and using resources and materials for teaching purposes
- Managing and supporting learning
- Evaluation of lesson preparation and teaching
- Observation/evaluation of other teachers’ lessons
- Professionalism and opportunities for professional development.
Module 3: Extending Practice and ELT Specialism
This module focuses on needs analysis, syllabus design, course planning and assessment in the context of a selected specialism.
- Research into specialist areas
- Principles of syllabus design and implications for specific learning contexts
- Designing syllabus and teaching programmes to meet the needs of learners in the specific context of the selected specialism
- Course design and development in the specific context of the selected specialism
- The principles and practice of testing and assessment and their application to the candidate’s specialist area
- Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness and quality of courses and programmes of study.
International House Budapest, 1012 Budapest, Vérmező út 4. Hungary Phone: (+36 1) 345 7046